Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Embrace Your Creative Self

Each and every one of us possess some level of creativity. Some of us fear it and some embrace it. While others may even find it challenging to tap into those regions of their minds. Regardless what category you fall under, the creative realm is at times a difficult one to balance with the world around us.

Creativity is not a job but it is a way of life; how we see things around us. There is not one person that looks at the world in the same way. We share our visions and versions of truth through our art. Be it a painting of a hillside with an abandoned farmhouse or a song written about love and loss, or maybe you work in a tech savvy position, then your view will be seen as a computer language only a select few can read. Regardless your medium if you created it you and only you, own its beauty.

Painting
Artwork created by Rebecca Hosking
I have been a writer for many years, I started writing poetry, then songs, then short stories and books. I am also a painter and a musician, these things create who I am and dictate my moods and emotions through all my senses. It feeds my daily thoughts and actions. I create therefore I am.

Ask yourself what feeds your personality, I want to challenge the non creative types to tap into your deepest fears and embrace them through your creative resources. It can be arduous for someone not used to communicating with their inner self, but it can be very enlightening as well. Only by facing our deepest demons can we find the path to our purest self.

This is a personal blog about my journey to finding and embracing my creative self. At times things get chaotic and overwhelming but I always have my outlets to help keep me focused on the tasks at hand. Creativity is my religion. I speak to my higher power through my words I write, a painting I paint or a song I compose. I find strength in my art. I look for direction in my creativity and it never fails me. I thank my higher power for these gifts by using them.

Life is a challenge to say the least, balancing a creative world with a secular one needs to be a compromise. When the compromise is reached there can be no other result but happiness.

I look forward to taking this journey together, I want to share my anecdotes in hopes my readers will share with me a few of their own. I want to reach people who have embraced their creativity as well as those who are not sure they have any in their souls at all. I want to show that each and everyone of us hold some type of gift that no one else possesses. What are you waiting for? Find your voice and do not be afraid to let it be seen and heard.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sista. Trying to re-balance my creative and secular worlds. It is a challenge. More creative always equals more happy in my world. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill, always feel free to visit and post your thoughts and share any advice you'd care to give. :o)

    ReplyDelete