Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Smile for a Smile

What we put into the world is what we get back. It is a profoundly simple statement that surprisingly goes missed in many cases. Eye for an eye is usually viewed as a negative action being avenged by another negative response, and so the cycle begins and never ends.

What if we replaced the negativity with a positive affirmation. It is not difficult at all if practiced on a daily basis. We have the power to dictate our moods and our reaction, if we are used to one way it may take some practice to change but, change is always possible.

No better time than the present, I see no need to waste any more seeping sand in the hourglass, this is an easy fix. Every morning when I get up, I like to write in my journal, I start each page with something I'm thankful for, then end each entry with a prayer toward someone who has wronged me. I pray for their minds to be opened to new things and positive thinking.
Photo taken by Rebecca Hosking, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Smile for a smile. Walk with your head held high. Flash those pearly whites to every person you greet on the streets. Empathy is a powerful tool to understanding, if you do not get the response you were hoping for say a prayer for that person to be relieved of their burdens. A prayer and a smile goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment